Wednesday, December 8, 2010

♥ i want to wash my hands, my face, my hair with snow.

i don't know if it's just me but i am not feeling particularly festive this holiday
season. i posted about my mom's christmas trees and have even done a bit
of decorating at my own place, but something still doesn't feel right.
i think what's missing is snow.

as this clip from one of my favorite holiday films,
irving berlin's white christmas (1954) will tell you:
"what is christmas with no snow?"

if you have never watched this film, make yourself a cup of hot chocolate,
snuggle up with a cozy blanket (or a cozy someone!) and get ready to be dazzled
and delighted. you may even fall asleep, which is a perfectly acceptable response
to such a darling film. with costumes designed by the infamous edith head,
white christmas will have you wishing your holiday wardrobe could be as festive.

6 ♥ love notes.:

  1. awesome! i love it :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I cant believe you called Edith Head "infamous". Edith Head!
    2. The best number in White Christmas has gotta be "Sisters". So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally had a crush on Danny Kaye as a child, and an unhealthy obsession with this movie. Hello, Rosemary Clooney? Those outfits, the singing, the hokey plot, killer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured this movie in my post series: "My parents let me watch this movie constantly growing up, yet they still wonder what's wrong with me."

    I honestly grew up thinking that when I went on dates, they would be like the dancing scene "the best things happen when we're dancing...."

    http://justsaymaux.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-parents-let-me-watch-this-movie.html

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!