Monday, June 27, 2011

♥ don't be a drag, just be a queen.



this weekend, in celebration of the new york's legalization of same-sex marriage,
i watched one of my favorite gender-bending/ sexuality & soul-searching films,

narrated by a charismatic, overly-dramatic cross-dressing songstress, hedwig,
this film contemplates love in all of it's unique shapes, sizes and colors-
concluding that one should look no further than one's own self
to feel complete and whole and happy.

i am not sure what i love more about this movie- 
it's message or hedwig's costumes.
either way, it's a must-see.







ps. here's my favorite song from the film:

3 ♥ love notes.:

  1. that made me so happy this weekend! and i've never seen that movie! i'll have to add it to my netflix queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie! At a local pub, the bartenders sometimes get dressed up as characters from Hedwig and sing songs and do little dances while they make drinks and IT. IS. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!